No matter how old are you, it’s everyone’s dream to have glowing and shining skin. But pollution, unhealthy diet, poor quality skin care products, UV rays etc. contribute to dull and uneven skin tone. This often results in the appearance of dark spots, blackheads, whiteheads, pimples on your face. Are you having these problems? Well, natural remedies for glowing skin are here to help you to get back your flawless skin.
Your skin is the very delicate part which bears with pollution, dirt and harsh UV rays. However, many of you often neglect to take extra care of your skin because of a busy lifestyle. Cleansing, toning, exfoliation, and moisturizing are the four basic requirements of good skin care regime. It is not necessary to use chemical products for skin care routine, you can prepare homemade cleanser, toner, exfoliator, and moisturizer. Furthermore, knowing your skin type and accordingly taking care of your skin is a good practice. So, first check what’s your skin type.
- Normal Skin: No excessive oiliness, even in T-zone (forehead, head, nose, chin). No dryness. Smooth texture.
- Oily Skin: Enlarged pores, shiny appearance, feels greasy to touch within an hour after cleansing.
- Dry Skin: Thin skin, fine pores, dryness, fine lines, roughness, tightness. Dull appearance.
Have you identified your skin type? Now keep on reading this article to discover simple natural remedies for glowing skin.
Cleansing your face is the first step of the skincare regime. It removes the excess oil and dirt from your face, making your skin clearer and softer. You can make use of natural cleansers such as rose water for all skin types. Follow this cleansing practice daily in morning and night. If you don’t have enough time in the morning then at least cleanse your face at night.
Remember if you are using any commercial cleanser make sure it is alcohol-free and contains natural ingredients.
Rose water has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties which helps to reduce the redness or irritation caused by acne. It also maintains the natural pH level of skin and revitalizes the skin. You will definitely enjoy its lovely aroma!
- Dab cotton pad in rose water.
- Apply it on face and neck gently and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face and neck with cold water.
For soft and supple skin, moisturizing is an essential part of the skincare routine. Regularly moisturizing your skin delays the sign of aging and tightens the skin. Dry skin often leads to a dull appearance. Therefore, it is necessary to maintain the proper moisture content of your skin. Moisturizing your skin after having a bath is a good practice. Also, you can do this right after cleansing at night.
Honey helps to unclog the pores by maintaining moisture content. It is full of antioxidants which tighten the skin and gives away signs of aging. Also, the antibacterial properties of honey help to reduce inflammation and redness of the skin. Hence, moisturizing your face with honey will give you radiant and smooth skin.
- Take one tablespoon of honey and apply it on your face and neck.
- Massage your skin in circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water.
Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and dirt from your face adding an extra glow to your skin. This promotes new skin cell formation which will give you healthy and youthful skin.
If you have acne or more breakouts, you can skip this step. It may lead to inflammation. Otherwise, you can exfoliate your skin once a week.
Tomato is packed with many nutrients that are beneficial for healthy skin. It has many skin benefits such as removing tan, anti-aging, maintaining the natural pH level and many more.
Sugar is rich in glycolic acid which often used in many skin care products. Glycolic acid helps to lighten acne scars, prevents aging, moisturizes skin and removes dead skin cells. Therefore, it is ideal for exfoliation.
- Cut one tomato at the center in two pieces.
- Take one tablespoon of sugar in dish and dab half cut tomato in it (a cut portion of tomato to be placed in sugar).
- Rub it in a circular motion on your face and neck gently for 5 minutes and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
Toning your skin after exfoliating is a good practice. But, what is the difference between toning and cleansing? Are they same? No, cleansing only removes the dirt and oil from your face. Toning calms the skin and maintains the natural pH level of your skin. Any leftover dirt or oil will also be removed by toner.
Cucumber juice is a natural toner that you can prepare at home and store in the refrigerator. It will relax your skin to give you brighter and fresher skin.
Cucumber has a high water content which hydrates the skin perfectly. It also helps in lightening the dark spots and blemishes.
- Dab cotton pad in cucumber juice.
- Apply it on your face and neck gently and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water.
There are a lot of face packs available in the market for glowing skin. Many of you might be preferring to book parlor appointment. But before going for them why not to try homemade face packs which are simple as well as effective. Choose any one of the below face packs depending on your skin type to get radiant skin. Before applying it, cleanse your face thoroughly.
Face pack for oily skin- Sandalwood powder+Rose Water
- Take one tablespoon of sandalwood powder.
- Add rose water in it to form a thin paste.
- Apply it on face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cool water.
- You can apply this face pack weekly once or twice.
- Both sandalwood powder and rose water help to absorb excess oil from your skin.
- The cooling effect of this face pack will relax your skin, giving you healthy and glowing skin.
Face pack for dry skin- Banana+Yogurt+Honey
- Smashed one forth banana pulp.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and yogurt to form a paste.
- Apply it on face and neck and massage your skin for 5 minutes.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- This face pack will moisturize your skin intensely adding an extra glow to your face.
- You can do this weekly once.
Face pack for normal skin- Egg white+Honey+Yogurt
- Take egg white of one egg.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of yogurt in it.
- Mix them well and apply it on your face and neck.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Again rinse your face with cold water.
Aside from these remedies, having a nutritious diet is a must for glowing skin. Eating fresh vegetables and fruits will give a boost to your healthy skin. Drink at least 8 to 10 glass of water daily for proper hydration of your skin. Stay away from anxiety.
So now you know the remedies to get that perfect look and beautiful skin. Now it’s a time to take action!
If you have any questions or suggestions, then feel free to ask here by commenting below.